The Spark Equity fund was created in partnership with Canada Media Fund in efforts to empower filmmakers from underrepresented communities.
At WebSeries Canada we believe all filmmakers should have their creative voices heard. Since this program is still relatively new, the ways in which it will provide value to our beloved creators will continue to transform.
Spark Equity Fund perks:
- Provides 50% off submission fees for T.O. Webfest to those who may require it and identify as a member of an underrepresented community such as the BIPOC community, the LGBTQ+ community, and the disabled community.
- Discounted membership to WebSeries Canada – this includes other exciting perks such as priority access to our events, guaranteed seats to creator-centric workshops and webinars, and more!*
- 50% off T.O. Webfest Conference passes
- Free access to T.O. Webfest panel recordings (*additional access may be negotiated if more than one producer worked on your submitted series and is unable to attend the festival in person)
- Guaranteed access to Connect event (1-on-1 speed dating with industry leaders) during the 2023 festival
- A Networking Concierge will contact all Spark Equity registrants before the festival to determine their interests and priorities. The concierge will then provide them with a customized festival experience, and will advise and introduce them to the appropriate guests throughout all festival events, including breakfasts, receptions, awards, and the Delegates Lounge.
*Offer applicable to residents of Canada only.
How to apply:
Please provide us with the bio(s) of the series creator(s), any social media links that visually convey additional information about your series, and a link to a screener of your series.